“Elastomer Sealing Performance in Hydrogen Fuel Cells” Webinar by Ontario and Quebec Rubber Groups (May 4)
February 28, 2021
On Tuesday, May 4, 2021, from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM (ET) the Ontario Rubber Group and Quebec Rubber Group (Association des Élastomères du Québec), local groups of Rubber Division, ACS, will host a free webinar titled, “Elastomer Sealing Performance in Hydrogen Fuel Cells.”
In this live webinar, ARLANXEO Polymer Scientist Jake Rawski will highlight elastomer sealing performance advancements using Thermax® N990 Carbon Black and X_Butyl® Bromobutyl designed for hydrogen fuel system technologies.
These advancements are the result of a collaborative technical study conducted by ARLANXEO, Cancarb Limited, and RDAbbott.
In this study, high pressure hydrogen permeation testing was employed at 90°C to mimic the current operating conditions for onboard hydrogen storage and Polymer Electrolyte Membrane (PEM) fuel cells. These permeation-resistant polymer systems were evaluated with synergistic tortured path mechanisms in a fuel cell operational environment.
Here are some benefits for using Thermax® N990 Carbon Black and X_Butyl® Bromobutyl based compounds designed for use in hydrogen fuel system applications:
- Optimal sealing performance with key physical properties, such as tensile and compression set
- Excellent molding and extruding processability, and
- Economic advantages from high filler loadings
- Superior permeation resistance and versatile cure chemistry of the base polymer
- Enhanced processing performance and physical properties, and
- Acceptance of high Thermax® N990 filler loadings
Potential applications include: