Within the dynamic healthcare industry, elastomers serve as critical components that aid in the function of medical devices, pharmaceutical closures, specimen collection handling, drug eluding technologies, packaging, prosthetics, orthopedics, and more. These applications come under review from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the Centers for Devices and Radiologic Health (CDRH) and Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER). Healthcare elastomers also have a unique set of properties that separate them from thermoplastics and rigid plastics, in general.
At the Healthcare Elastomer Conference, the goal is to highlight new technologies, trends, and ideas in elastomer design and function to engineers within the medical community. Here are some of the healthcare elastomers they plan to highlight:
- Silicones (VMQ)
- Polyisoprenes (IR)
- Isobutylene Isoprenes (IIR)
- Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE)
- Thermoplastic Urethanes (TPU)
- Thermoplastic Vulcanizates (TPV)
- Thermoplastic Olefins (TPO)
FEATURED TECHNICAL PRESENTATIONS
- “An Introduction to Silicones in Healthcare” by William Inman of DuPont (Tuesday, May 21, at 11:00 AM)
- “Halobutyl Rubber Compositions in Pharmaceutical Packaging” by Dana Adkinson, Ph.D. of ARLANXEO (Tuesday, May 21, at 1:30 PM)
- “Virtual Process and Design Optimization for Elastomer Molding” by Harshal Bhogesra of SIGMA, Inc. (Tuesday, May 21, at 4:00 PM)
- “Keynote: Connected Healthcare Transformation” by Marie Crane of DuPont (Wednesday, May 22, at 8:30 AM)
- “Microbial Protection in Healthcare Elastomers” by Rick Ziebell of RDAbbott (Wednesday, May 22, at 11:15 AM)
BE OUR GUEST
To reserve your spot, register online at www.rubbernews.com/healthcare and enter promo code “RDAbbott_2019” to receive a discounted registration rate of $500.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
To learn more about this conference, visit rubbernews.com/healthcare.
We sure hope to see you there!