Rubber Division, ACS Spring Technical Meeting (April 27 – 29)
February 22, 2021
Rubber Division, ACS will hold its Spring Technical Meeting from April 27 to 29, 2021, at the Embassy Suites by Hilton, Cleveland Rockside, in Independence, Ohio. This is the 199th technical meeting by the Rubber Division, which is part of the American Chemical Society (ACS). For RDAbbott and other members of the rubber industry, it’s an important opportunity to reconnect with customers and colleagues after the cancellation of last year’s in-person spring meeting because of the coronavirus.
As a result of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s Spring Technical Meeting uses a hybrid model with both virtual and in-person components. All the technical presentations will be live and online. Presentation recordings will remain available for on-demand viewing for 60 days. The in-person parts of the event include tabletop exhibits on Tuesday, April 27, from 10:00 AM to 7 PM, and on Wednesday, April 28, from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Both the Rubber Division, ACS and the hotel are committed to the health and safety of participants.
- Computational Chemistry
- Elastomers as Biomaterials
- Modeling and Simulation
- Structure and Dynamics of Polymer Nanocomposites and Filled Rubber
- Failure of Rubber Materials
- Science of Rubber Additives
- Advances in Rubber Processing
- Science & Technology Award Winner Presentations
The keynote address, “Development of Sustainable Natural Rubber Ecosystem Toward Creation of New Industry,” will be delivered by Seiichi Kawhara, Department of Materials Science and Technology at Nagaoka University of Technology.
RDAbbott will exhibit at the Rubber Division, ACS Spring Technical Meeting and looks forward to interacting with the other in-person participants. Three members of the RDAbbott team, all of whom have roles and responsibilities within Rubber Division, ACS, will be on-hand:
- Krista Toutant, Business Line Manager at RDAbbott, is the is the Assistant Treasurer for the Executive and Steering Committees and is a member of the Membership, Future Sites and Marketing Committees.
- Jerry McCall, RDAbbott’s Vice President of Sales and Marketing, is a Past Chair member of the Rubber Division, ACS Steering Committee. Jerry also serves as the organization’s Exhibits and Future Sites Committee Chair, Area Director for the Southern Rubber Group, as well as being a member of the Finance and Budget Committee.
- Scott Legleu is a Senior Business Development Manager at RDAbbott and part of the Membership and Marketing Committees.