Rubber in Automotive Conference (June 1 – 3)
April 10, 2021
Rubber & Plastics News (RPN) will host a Rubber in Automotive Conference that shares insights and information about applications and advances in elastomers for the automotive industry. This virtual event is scheduled for June 1 to 3, 2021, and will examine topics ranging from economic trends and raw material projections to cost containment, waste reduction, workforce development, and new manufacturing processes.
Ask the Expert: Moldable Optical Silicones for Advanced Automotive Lighting
The unique attributes of moldable optical silicones from Dow have enabled the design of precise, intricate light-guiding optical parts in the automotive lighting market. An ideal use for these high-performance optical parts is in Adaptive Driving Beam (ADB) headlamps. The functionality of these “smarter,” safer, visibility-improving headlights has been met with increasing acceptance in Europe and is awaiting full regulatory approval in the U.S.
In this technical session, Jacob will discuss the performance of SILASTIC™ Moldable Optical Silicones in ADB headlamps, focusing on material characteristics from part production through end-use, as well as a look at their future potential in automotive lighting applications.
Elastomer Sealing Performance in Hydrogen Fuel Cells
In this technical presentation, Kevin will highlight elastomer sealing performance advancements using Thermax® N990 Carbon Black and X_Butyl® Bromobutyl designed for hydrogen fuel system technologies. These advancements are the result of a collaborative technical study conducted by ARLANXEO, Cancarb Limited, and RDAbbott.
In this study, high pressure hydrogen permeation testing was employed at 90°C to mimic the current operating conditions for onboard hydrogen storage and Polymer Electrolyte Membrane (PEM) fuel cells. These permeation-resistant polymer systems were evaluated with synergistic tortured path mechanisms in a fuel cell operational environment.
- Dow FSRs, F-LSRs, LSRs, HCRs, Moldable Optical Silicones, and Modifiers
- ARLANXEO CRs, EPDMs, NBRs, HNBRs, EVMs, SBRs, and IIRs
- Cancarb Limited N990 Thermal Carbon Black
- Parker LORD Adhesives and Weatherstrip Coatings
- 3M Fluoroelastomers, Perfluoroelastomers; FKM Curatives, Process Aids, and Additives
- Hallstar Plasticizers, Esters, Monomerics, and Magnesium Oxides
- ITW Pro Brands Mold Release Agents
- NovationSi Modifiers, Additives, and Colors for Silicone
- RDC Predispersed Chemicals and Additives
- Dalian Richon Rubber Accelerators and Anti-Degradants
Virtual Meeting Hours
Tuesday (June 1), Wednesday (June 2), and Thursday (June 3):
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM (ET)
- 11:00 – 12:00 PM (ET), and
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM (ET)
All registered attendees will be able to access our Virtual Meeting Room during the above-listed days and times.
To access our meeting:
- Click on RPN’s “Virtual Event Site” button from their Rubber and Automotive Conference web page
- Follow the steps, when prompted (e.g., Entering the name and email address you registered with and entering your unique verification code.)
- Once you’re on their Virtual Event Site, click on the “Exhibitors” tab.
- Scroll down the list, then click on “RDAbbott.”
- Next, click the “Join Virtual Meeting” button to the right of our company logo. (This will route you to our Zoom conference room.)
Every hour, during the above-listed meeting times, meeting guests will have a chance to win a $25 Amazon.com e-Gift Card, compliments of RDAbbott! For all the details, please read the “RDAbbott BINGO” section below.
We hope to see you there!
The first person to type BINGO in the Zoom chat window, during each booth session, will be emailed a $25 Amazon.com e-Gift Card. (Please note: Only one gift card per person will be awarded.)
- Cancarb Limited
- Carbon Black
- Dalian Richon
- ITW ProBrands
- Jake Steinbrecher
- Kevin Kulbaba
- Parker Lord
- Rubber & Plastics News