“Silicone 2021” Livestream Webinar by RPN (May 20)
April 7, 2021
Rubber & Plastics News (RPN) will host a one-hour livestream event called “Silicone 2021: An Unsettled Market with Unlimited Applications” on May 20 from 2 PM – 3PM (ET). Editor Bruce Meyer and Reporter Andrew Schunk will moderate a panel discussion that includes RDAbbott’s John Carroll, a 50-year veteran of the silicone industry.
As silicone prices rise and the number of silicone applications increases, the industry wants insights about current supply chain disruptions and future business opportunities. RPN’s “Silicone 2021 Livestream” will examine these topics in detail and take an “all things silicone” approach that will ask panelists about:
- markets that will accelerate or emerge in the next decade
- the chemical and practical advantages of silicones
- innovative applications in aerospace and healthcare
- advances in organo-silicon compounds and low-gassing elastomers
- supply and demand issues in specific geographic markets
- sustainability and end-of-life issues with silicone elastomers
John (“JC”) Carroll, Senior Account Manager at RDAbbott, will participate in both the panel discussion and a question-and-answer session. Affectionately referred to as the “Godfather of Silicone” by some of his co-workers, JC has deep industry experience and a strong record of success. Prior to joining RDAbbott, he worked for other leading companies in a variety of roles and is credited with driving the adoption of silicone rubber in automotive connectors.